How to hide your China Supplier Details from Panjiva
- Why should I hide my China Supplier records?
- So, what are the benefits of using an agency to hide my China Supplier Details?
- How does Panjiva know who my China Sellers are?
- Is it hard to hide my China supplier details from Panjiva?
- So, how can I stop Panjiva from showing my China Supplier information?
- So, how much does it cost to prevent Panjiva from showing my China Supplier details?
- Over to you…
Many firms in the USA and other countries are now finding that their suppliers and import records are listed on trade databases such as Panjiva.
This publically available information is causing many importers to worry that this sensitive information may be used to remove them from a transaction or force dramatic price reductions.
The fact that you are reading this blog suggests that you might also be having these concerns.
If, after reading below, you want to start to hide your data from these providers, please contact me.
Why should I hide my China Supplier records?
Your company has spent a lot of time and money searching and building a relationship with a supplier or factory in China. Do you want others to exploit all your hard work for their benefit?
You might have developed a new type of product or have skilled up a factory in China to produce a top-rated product with your Customers. Do you want your competitors to start to buy from this factory direct and cut you out?
You have upskilled and spent a lot of time working with a China Supplier to make an excellent product successfully. Do you want this supplier to start selling this product to your competitors or direct to your customers?
If the answer to the above scenarios is no, you need to hide your China Exporter records to prevent Global trade data companies from listing these import and export records.
So, what are the benefits of using an agency to hide my China Supplier Details?
- Cost – It is very affordable to use an agency such as TCI China to hide your China Supplier data from Panjiva.
- License – Agencies who offer this service must be licensed in China to export products out of the country.
- Expertise – It requires a dedicated and professional agency to fulfill this work. Logistics providers are often unable to hide this data correctly. Trading companies will use your information to find new customers for themselves.
- Coordination– A professional agency will coordinate and manage the whole ordering, payment, and customs documentation process for you.
How does Panjiva know who my China Sellers are?
When your goods are exported from China, the export license holder and name must be included in customs exporting and importing documents.
These documents provide information to global trade information companies such as Panjiva.
Is it hard to hide my China supplier details from Panjiva?
The challenge which most companies face is hiding the exporter details in China.
Once these details are hidden, the information listed on the publicly accessible exporter records is no longer providing sensitive data.
Many firms require specialist services such as TCI’s China Supplier Data Protection Service to take over the processing of the exporter documents to hide your supplier details.
So, how can I stop Panjiva from showing my China Supplier information?
The key objective is to hide the exporter’s name in China. Here TCI China can achieve this by using its export license and becoming the exporter of records on the documents.
Below is an outline of how the process works:
1. Submit to TCI China with a list of the HS codes of the products you are exporting from China.
2. TCI reviews these codes and advises if it uses its China export license for these products.
3. You then contact your Seller in China and inform them that you want to use your own “china exporting license” to export your products from China.
4. Ask the Seller to provide you with a Chinese currency RMB invoice. The Seller must also give you a VAT invoice. The invoice must be charged to TCI China.
5. You then contact TCI China and request the use of its China exporting license.
6. Please provide TCI China with a copy of the Chinese invoice from the Seller. You will need to ensure that TCI China’s name and details are correctly put onto these invoices.
7. TCI China will issue your company with a Pro Forma Invoice for your order, but it will be a US$ value.
8. You make the payment USS$ payment to TCI China.
9. Once TCI China has received the US$, it will issue the RMB value to the factory based on the RMB invoice.
10. TCI China will then process the exporting documents with the Chinese customs and become the exporter of record for your order.
If anyone decides to look at your companies import records, they will only see TCI China as the exporter from China and not your actual supplier.
If anyone contacts TCI China to ask about your products, it will not provide them any information about your suppliers.
So, how much does it cost to prevent Panjiva from showing my China Supplier details?
It depends on the types of products which are being exported.
Often the cost you is zero for this service. TCI China can claim back a Chinese Government tax rebate for the order. This rebate can pay for our services.
If there is no tax rebate available, TCI China will then advise on our fees and costs.
Over to you…
So, if you are looking to hide your supplier data from Panjiva, please contact me. All our discussions will be in strict confidence.
I’m here to help you explore all your options.
Mobile- Messenger (Click to Connect)
Or at the following numbers:
(Europe/ Rest of the World) +353 1 885 3919
(North America) +1.518.290.6604
Or email me Aidan Conaty
tcichina.co.uk | think China, think TCI